Outsourcing – The way forward?
With increased costs and red tape with taking on employees, more and more people are turning to outsourcing. These days it seems that you can pretty much outsource anything giving you the large company structure but without the salary bill.
Currently, we outsource the following:
- HR needs to Denise Waite at The HR Dept
- Our LinkedIn management to Mark Northall at The Dauben Group
- Bookkeeping, Accounts and Payroll go to Simon Edgington at Direct Business Services (Midlands)
- Website, Website Support and Marketing to Neil Lawman at Blazing Raisin Solutions
- Telecoms and Billing Support to Chris Bagnall at Minotaur
- IT support to Tristan Martin at TL Martin Ltd
I don’t just see these people as my suppliers, they are an extension of my business, these people have grown with me, guided me and supported me. The experience that these people have in their field is such that I could not afford to have that level of experience in-house on an employed basis.
So what are my criteria when outsourcing?
- I need to know that I can work with the person,
- That they have the knowledge to do what I need,
- That they can confidently represent me and my company whenever necessary
- That outsourcing is more cost effective than employing someone of the same calibre
- That they are happy to grow with me
- We can have fun working together
Now you might have a different set of criteria when outsourcing – I would be interested to hear how you select people for outsourcing for your company.
During the rest of 2017 I plan to outsource a number of other things, so what can you outsource? If we can help you with any of your outsourcing needs, give us a call.
The bonus for this month is anyone wanting to try out call handling, we will give you a £25 discount off your July invoice. What are you waiting for, click on the link below and let’s get you started xx