I don’t know about you, but I have just started reviewing the success of my last year in networking. It is my belief that until you know what has been successful, and what failed, you cannot decide on goals for the forthcoming year. This is my formula for the review…
- What networks did I regularly attend, both online and face to face?
- What business did I get from those networks, both repeat and new business?
- What connections did I get from each of those networks?
- Did I achieve my 2018 goals for networking? If not, why not? If I did, did I over achieve?
- Did my message bring the right results?
- What was really good for each network?
- What was bad for each network?
- Was I consistent in my approach?
- What do I need to change?
- What do I want to change?
- Cost of meeting fees,
- Cost of my time,
- Return on investment
For each client I allocate where the business has come from, if it is a referral I allocate the business back to where I met the original referee. Once I have all the answers it allows me to see the changes I need to make and the things I need to do more of. The business goals I set will then be incorporated into the new networking goal.
Looking at the goal for 2019 I will ensure it has a specific target for network, that involves number of new clients, value of business, number of contacts, names of contact that I wish to be connected to plus any other factors. I will decide on which networks seem the most successful for me, look at joining other potential networks and allocate time out for visiting them.
If anyone wants more support on networking please get in touch either by
Thank you for all your support during my networking in 2018 and I look forward to working with you all in 2019